Town’s Under 18s side won 5-0 away to Chelmsford City in the FA Youth Cup 2nd Round last night (Monday 23rd November), inspired by an Ola Bello hat-trick.

The Young Blues, sponsored by Britton Group and led from the touchline by Adem Atay and Jason Dozzell, took the lead within the opening 10 minutes through Bello. A header from Elkan Baggott (who is sponsored by Liz & Tim Edwards of the Ipswich Town Heritage Society) and a strike from Fraser Alexander (who is sponsored by Newton Commercial) gave Town a 3-0 lead at half-time.

After the break, the away side managed the game well and pushed for further goals – which duly arrived thanks to Bello’s second and third strikes of the evening. Town saw out the game and kept the Clarets at bay, leaving Melbourne Park with a clean sheet and a 5-0 victory.

Town’s reward for last night’s victory is a home tie against Fulham in Round 3. The Cottagers will come to Portman Road on a date that has yet to be decided, but which will be no later than 12th December. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for this fixture, or to sponsor an ITFC Academy Scholar, please contact ITFC’s Academy Sales Team on 01473 400510 or via sales@itfc.co.uk.

In other recent results, the ITFC Under 18s preceded last night’s Cup win with a 4-0 home victory against Bristol City on Saturday (21st November). The goalscorers that day were Jesse Nwabueze, Jack Manly, an own goal and one from the on-form Ola Bello. On the same day, Town’s Under 16s returned from the short away trip to Colchester United with a 6-0 friendly win.

Meanwhile, Town’s Under 23s (sponsored by CNet Training) are in league action away to Bristol City in Weston-super-Mare this afternoon (1.30pm kick-off, Tuesday 24th November) ahead of the First Team’s home League One clash against Hull City this evening (7pm kick-off). In the last senior team outing against Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, Academy graduates Teddy Bishop and Brett McGavin both started the game while Jack Lankester came off the bench in the first half before scoring the Blues’ late, late winner.

Scroll to Top